Pre-pharmacy schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Brianna Nguyen

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm having trouble deciding whether or not to go to uop (pre-pharmacy program) or a uc( chem/biochem). If I go to uop ill probably end up with a low gpa but guaranteed interview but if I go to a uc I'll probably get a higher gpa and may end up going to a better pharmacy program (ucf, usc, etc.)? I have scholarships to uop so the price will pretty much end up being the same in addition to uop having an accelerated program.

Do I pick the mediocre/ guaranteed/ faster pharmacy program or the better/ longer/ unguaranteed pharmacy program?
frowning.png
 
Last edited:
Why would you assume that you would get a better GPA in a UC than UOP? None of the UC's are easy unless you are a high iq genius. To get into USF or USC you need to maintain a 3.5+ GPA with a lot of pharmacy experience. Without any experience you are looking at a 3.8+ GPA. This is completely doable for prerequisites but you have to remember that you need a degree to get into these schools. Upper division science courses are not easy at all so be wary. If you feel like you can't handle this I would go to UOP. Only thing is that the tuition is ridiculously high. You'll be heavily in debt when you graduate.