Pre-Pod SDN Activity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tc005

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have noticed there is a lot less activity on SDN for this application cycle than previous cycles. Does anyone have any ideas as to why? Also do we know if there is a higher increase in applicants this cycle for podiatry?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone this is off topic but relevant to podiatry and have not been able to get a clear answer yet to the following question:

Is there a total number of times/limits a candidate can take to successfully pass all 3 parts of the podiatry licensing exams? Can a state deny you a license to practice in that particular state if you took too many total attempts (I passed part 1 the first time, it took me 5 times to pass part 2, and attempted part 3 once and have not passed but will be taking it this June)? I tried to look at the following website for information and could not find anything relating to the total limit just that you have to pass all 3 parts. I am just looking for a concrete, objective answer to this concern. I am interested in practicing in either New York or New Jersey. I will be starting residency this upcoming June.

Members don't see this ad :)
the 52 year old is the only one applying. all nine schools (maybe even Texas) will have to fight to the death for him/her.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Edit:
But as the person mentioned above not to worry I’m sure it’s alllll “gossip”. I mean seriously, who wouldn’t want to spend SEVEN (7) years of their often times youthful Earthly existence willingly taking on greater than a QUARTER-MILLION DOLLARS worth of debt while making ZERO income… AFTER 4 or more years of college pursuing the absolute GLORY of mostly geriatric FEET?? I mean, I love it all: the yellow green white and brown PUS, the rotten flesh, the gas and the bone infections of feet, the full-thickness down to the bone oozing bleeding odorous foot ulcers, the THICKENED, elongated yellow, dystrophic TOENAILS (I hope you dont have carpel tunnel), oh and I love when the orthos ALLOW us to do the cool traumas that the majority of us don’t do...All for $90k and NO benefits (for the MAJORITY of ”residency“ grads)…Come one! Come all! Welcome 😃
When I said all gossip, I meant don't read into increasing/decreasing apps per cycle and try to calculate how much that affects you getting in.

Calm down man. We know we're all doomed to make subpar salaries with poor return compared to time/effort put in.

Doesn't mean we need to grovel dirt and be pessimistic about it all the time.

Reactions: 2 users
I doubt any sort of testing has been performed of correlation between SDN activity and school applications.

But yes. I'm sure the 50 something year old will receive a generous scholarship.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe they’ve all discovered that software engineers (majority are self-taught and have no CS or science related degree) are accepting $300K pay packages working from home, equity in their companies, with full benefits? Or perhaps they’ve taken a quick peek in their local hospitals and discovered that nurse practitioners or more of “physicians” than podiatrists will ever be? A lot of Podiatrists @ VA Medical Centers tend to make LESS than the CRNA covering their surgeries. This is AFTER the pay equity “increase“. Well I guess that’s better than making less than a PA as a private practice Pod Associate (the very job that MOST Podiatrists accept after SEVEN (7) years of post-college/graduate school training and $300K debt)

Edit:
But as the person mentioned above not to worry I’m sure it’s alllll “gossip”. I mean seriously, who wouldn’t want to spend SEVEN (7) years of their often times youthful Earthly existence willingly taking on greater than a QUARTER-MILLION DOLLARS worth of debt while making ZERO income… AFTER 4 or more years of college pursuing the absolute GLORY of mostly geriatric FEET?? I mean, I love it all: the yellow green white and brown PUS, the rotten flesh, the gas and the bone infections of feet, the full-thickness down to the bone oozing bleeding odorous foot ulcers, the THICKENED, elongated yellow, dystrophic TOENAILS (I hope you dont have carpel tunnel), oh and I love when the orthos ALLOW us to do the cool traumas that the majority of us don’t do...All for $90k and NO benefits (for the MAJORITY of ”residency“ grads)…Come one! Come all! Welcome 😃
Just wondering, do the podiatrists on SDN really think it's a dead-end job that's not worth the time and effort? It's all doom and gloom whenever people who actually are podiatrists post stuff here. I don't understand how the profession can grow or if any pods in the field even want the field to grow. It just feels like for such a small group of healthcare workers there should be more people who want better for the future pods but I've genuinely never gotten that vibe here sadly.

Just wondering, do the podiatrists on SDN really think it's a dead-end job that's not worth the time and effort? It's all doom and gloom whenever people who actually are podiatrists post stuff here. I don't understand how the profession can grow or if any pods in the field even want the field to grow. It just feels like for such a small group of healthcare workers there should be more people who want better for the future pods but I've genuinely never gotten that vibe here sadly.
Better future does not equal current supply and demand.

I know some who are killing it, happy, and keep to themselves.

But the crud offers and greed/mismanagement of the field by others outweigh those doing well.

Better future does not equal current supply and demand.

I know some who are killing it, happy, and keep to themselves.

But the crud offers and greed/mismanagement of the field by others outweigh those doing well.
I see. Hopefully the greed/mismanagement gets cleansed with time/old age and future pods who get to positions of hiring (possibly some pods here) don't continue such negative influence on the field.

The kids are smart nowadays. Not wasting their time on this ****ty profession.

Reactions: 1 user
I see. Hopefully the greed/mismanagement gets cleansed with time/old age and future pods who get to positions of hiring (possibly some pods here) don't continue such negative influence on the field.
Lol I know plenty of young people handing out same contracts as old ones....why because they can. The only difference is the young ones are not banking on selling their practice one day because they know it is worthless. Those contracts are the going rate for private practice fresh associates. Why? Because there are not enough hospital jobs created right now because THERE ARE ALREADY TOO MANY PODIATRISTS. But sure let's add more schools...

Also there are not a lot people who come on here to tell strangers how much their job sucks....it is appreciated when it happens. But yeah, most of us regular posters on here have great jobs but talk doom and gloom. I understand how it can be frustrating not being on the inside of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.