pre post-bacc job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newbiee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

I had a question about jobs in the medical field during the down time before I start a post bacc. A bit about my plans: I am planning on leaving my job as an actuary this summer and applying for a post bacc program to begin next spring/summer. I will be volunteering in India from Oct - Dec with an organization that assists mentally challenged children and adults, but wanted to do something relevant this summer and also when I return. Is there anything anyone would suggest? I've looked into volunteering at local hospitals, but I can only guess that this will not actually involve patient care (regardless of what they say right now). I've gotten in touch with a few physicians who said they would be happy to have me shadow them, but are there any paying jobs/research that anyone may know about that I would be able to do with no experience (in the field or academically)? Ideally it would be something that I could do for a couple months and come back to later.

I really appreciate your help - thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.