pre post-bacc job?

Started by newbiee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

newbiee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi everyone,

I had a question about jobs in the medical field during the down time before I start a post bacc. A bit about my plans: I am planning on leaving my job as an actuary this summer and applying for a post bacc program to begin next spring/summer. I will be volunteering in India from Oct - Dec with an organization that assists mentally challenged children and adults, but wanted to do something relevant this summer and also when I return. Is there anything anyone would suggest? I've looked into volunteering at local hospitals, but I can only guess that this will not actually involve patient care (regardless of what they say right now). I've gotten in touch with a few physicians who said they would be happy to have me shadow them, but are there any paying jobs/research that anyone may know about that I would be able to do with no experience (in the field or academically)? Ideally it would be something that I could do for a couple months and come back to later.

I really appreciate your help - thanks in advance!