pre-/post- dec. 1st interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tms86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
I took the DAT july 6 got 18 sci and 19 overall and sent in my application beg/mid july. I re-took my DAT oct. 6th and got a 20 (went up in everything) I have 3.67 gpa. I applied to 13 schools and went on 3 interviews so far 2 more in the next 2 weeks. I have not heard back from any other school yet. I am getting nervous that schools are waiting dec. 1st to just reject me! I have been staying really positive throughout the process but i guess now that time is getting closer and i havent heard back form anywhere else I am starting to get nervous. I was wondering if its because my second dat pushed back possible interview invites after dec. 1st. is that usually the case? if so, when would i start to hear back from schools for interviews--mid janurary? also if i dont hear from a school on dec. 1st that i havent gone on an interview, does that mean they are still considering me and would I most likely have an interview? ahh scared-thoughts?comments? help!

thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If you have been given 5 interviews so far...you have heard from almost 40% of your schools, which isn't so bad. I wouldn't be so worried about 5 interviews under your belt pre-dec 1, as most schools have ~ 1 in 3 chance of getting in after you interview. I have no idea what schools do after dec 1, I'm sure each is different. Some might still give out interviews...some, you might never hear from.

Just my opinion, but I'd say you're sitting fine. I'm sure many predents would trade places with you right now. I know its anxiety time with Dec 1 coming up, but maybe I can help ease the nerves...

Just think of it as a football game. We're just starting the second half. December is the start of the 3rd quarter and there's still a lot of game left to be played. You could get good news and score a touchdown or two, or throw an interception and lay an egg. However you still have the 4th quarter, and time to pull out a win after January!

We're all looking for some reassurance right about now...interview well and you'll get in. You could possibly get an acceptance from a school in December, but then maybe your #1 school accepts you later on. That wouldn't be the worst problem in the world, but may cost you $1,000. I'm sure you wouldn't be the only person in that position...

Good luck! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the advice!! the very first interview i had was one of my top choices but look back on it there were so many things i wish i said and compared to the other ones i went on i dont think i did as well as i hoped in that interview. plus the school is pretty competitive so i thought the interview was a little harder/stressful than others so that plus it being my first one = scary

I think its funny how people get worried when they have interviews with 5 schools. Like another poster said, you have 5, you should not be worrying about anything especially when others have no interviews. Yes you will be more than fine, and likely you could still get post December interviews based upon the school you applied too.