Pre Pre-Physical Therapy

Started by NG1990
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NG1990

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right now I am working towards a degree in Public Health and are definitely trying to work towards Physical Therapy. I have time between my classes that I would like to be utilizing for online certifications that could work to increase my credentials in the health and physical therapy field but everything that I've come across has required a bachelors degree as a minimum requirement. Are there any certifications I can be taking now that do not require a bachelors?
 
Sure there are on my journey towards figuring out I wanted to be a PT I went through many different medical fields. You could get certified as an EMT-B this requires 1 semester of course work and a national test. There is also Pharmacy Technician license which can be gained with a few months of studying and a $250 licensing test I have held both of these licenses and I think they have really improved my overall understanding of the medical field. If you want something more unofficial you could look for a position as an ER scribe, this job gave me a medical terminology certification but it may not be nationally recognized. There are also things like a personal training license which only requires a certification through an accredited organization this can be achieved through a $400-$600 test. Hopes this helps.