PRE-REQ CALCULATION?!

Started by Shawki3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Shawki3

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys!

Quick question-In my pre-req GPA on PTCAS, there are hours counted that I did not select as a "pre-req" when I filled out my application. I was a different major (Bio) for a while, so I have many courses in biology and chemistry that I did not plan on using for pre-reqs, as they drag my pre-req GPA down. However, when I submitted and got my GPA calculation back, my pre-req GPA is including these courses. Is there an error on my application, or does PTCAS automatically add every science course taken to the GPA?

Thanks!
 
Ignore this post, I can't find a way to delete it. In my panic, I realized that what I was looking at was total graded hours, not pre-req GPA. 😉

However, does anyone know if we can change what we chose as pre-reqs after we esubmit?
 
I went to UIC's advising session recently, and adviser told me that they factor all the pre-requisite related classes into their pre-req GPA. So that would mean that even if I chose Gen. Chem 1 and 2 for PTCAS to calculate my GPA, they would include other classes such as organic chemistry into my pre-req GPA as well. I e-mailed UNMC and they said something similar except that they look at the cGPA and math/science GPA. Has anyone heard about how other schools chose their pre-req courses for their GPA? I'm sure it depends on the school you apply to.
 
Last edited: