pre-req for pharmacy school

Started by shrutid08
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shrutid08

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm am wanting to take macroeconomic, since economics is the pre-req for pharmacy school. Because I am having a time conflict with other course (organic II), I am taking general economics.
Do you guys think its better to take macroeconomics next semester, or continue with general economics?

Thanks!
 
I'm am wanting to take macroeconomic, since economics is the pre-req for pharmacy school. Because I am having a time conflict with other course (organic II), I am taking general economics.
Do you guys think its better to take macroeconomics next semester, or continue with general economics?

Thanks!

I'd verify with the schools what econ prereq they accept. If the schools you want to apply to require macroeconomics, you must take macro. In that sense, I'd concentrate on orgo this semester and macro next semester.
 
I'd verify with the schools what econ prereq they accept. If the schools you want to apply to require macroeconomics, you must take macro. In that sense, I'd concentrate on orgo this semester and macro next semester.


👍

Every school will be different in terms of what they will or won't accept in regards to pre-reqs. It's always a safe bet to contact those prospective schools first to get the proper responses.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm am wanting to take macroeconomic, since economics is the pre-req for pharmacy school. Because I am having a time conflict with other course (organic II), I am taking general economics.
Do you guys think its better to take macroeconomics next semester, or continue with general economics?

Thanks!

Why not just take it online through distance learning from a community college on the cheap?

I liked macroeconomics, for what it's worth. I don't get what you mean by "general economics."