Pre-req low grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theedaddy77

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SO i got a D in the first semester of physiscs(a pre req) and i retook the class and got an A. Because i got the D does that disqualify me to be applicant?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, if you get anything below a C, you can no longer get accepted.
Of course you can still apply, many get D's and F's and still get in.
Wrong forum section.

Yes, if you get anything below a C, you can no longer get accepted.
Of course you can still apply, many get D's and F's and still get in.
Wrong forum section.

This (the first sentence) is very incorrect. Many schools have minimum grade requirements for prerequisites (usually C's). However, higher grades received in retakes will suffice for meeting this requirement, and you will no longer be considered to be a sub-minimum student. Of course, the two grades will both be incorporated in calculating the GPA. Still, the previous existence of a grade below C does not at all imply that "you can no longer get accepted". theedaddy77, you are more than OK to apply, and congrats on that A! That's exactly what dental schools want to see after doing poorly in a class.

This (the first sentence) is very incorrect. Many schools have minimum grade requirements for prerequisites (usually C's). However, higher grades received in retakes will suffice for meeting this requirement, and you will no longer be considered to be a sub-minimum student. Of course, the two grades will both be incorporated in calculating the GPA. Still, the previous existence of a grade below C does not at all imply that "you can no longer get accepted". theedaddy77, you are more than OK to apply, and congrats on that A! That's exactly what dental schools want to see after doing poorly in a class.

It was a joke...:)

Members don't see this ad :)
haha, sorry everyone, I will be clearer next time with sarcasm, sort of feel bad for the OP whose life I destroyed for that moment.:)

I've also heard that if you can make a higher grade in an upper level class in the same subject it looks great.