Pre-req question

Started by Manzielin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Manzielin

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question regarding pre-reqs for DPT schools. I'm currently a junior, planning on applying in the fall. My question is, do DPT schools want you to have completed all the pre-reqs by the time you apply? I've done most of them, just need a few more. Thanks.
 
For some schools you need to have a majority done before you apply. If you look at the requirements for each individual school you'll find out but most only allow 1-2 pre req classes to be in progress while.
 
For some schools you need to have a majority done before you apply. If you look at the requirements for each individual school you'll find out but most only allow 1-2 pre req classes to be in progress while.
This is the case for most schools. Most if not all of the information you need can be found on PTCAS. However, it is BEST to have all of your pre-reqs completed to increase your chance of acceptance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is the case for most schools. Most if not all of the information you need can be found on PTCAS. However, it is BEST to have all of your pre-reqs completed to increase your chance of acceptance.
Okay, well I still need 4 pre-reqs (human physiology, physiology of exercise, anatomy, and statistics) before the fall for my intended school then. Should I try to take some this summer then? I contacted the school but no response.
 
Okay, well I still need 4 pre-reqs (human physiology, physiology of exercise, anatomy, and statistics) before the fall for my intended school then. Should I try to take some this summer then? I contacted the school but no response.
Most schools accept pre-reqs completed the fall prior to the year you applied for. This is why PTCAS has an academic update around December! With that being said, in order to have all your pre reqs you would have to plan accordingly. However, as stated above, not all schools require you to complete all your pre-reqs prior to spring semester. Some schools allow different pre-reqs to be left over for completion in spring. It all varies based on the school.