pre req question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

collegestudent0717

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, there are a few programs I'm very interested in but im lacking 1-2 pre reqs for. I just graduated this year, so is it possible to apply and wait until accepted to take them? or would I need to enroll in community college classes this fall to complete them before?

This might seem like a stupid question and it might depend on the timeline I suppose but just wondering if anyone has answers

Members don't see this ad.

I believe if the schools start in the Fall and not in summer, you can possibly get away with that. You would just have to take those courses in the summer before you start. But if your school starts in summer then you would need to complete those classes in the spring semester. You would just have to get a “C” if you did get accepted while taking those classes.

I was under the impression that pre-reqs could be still in progress on your app, but not totally missing. I would contact the programs you are interested in to ask though because it costs so much just to even submit the application and I would hate for it to get thrown out on a technicality!

Schools usually say you can have 1 or 2 classes (depending on school) not completed by the time of application. You need to complete them to start DPT program. So depending on the time you get accepted and when the program starts, you may be able to wait for the acceptance before taking those classes. So let's say program starts Sept 2020. Then you may get accepted in the fall. Then You can take those classes in spring or even in summer. But it is always a good idea to ask this questions at the admissions to be 100% sure.

Reactions: 1 user