pre-req question

Started by happyana
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

happyana

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a senior and I'm thinking of taking one of my pre-reqs during the summer since I want to study for the OAT now. I plan on attending Optometry school next year, but would they be ok with me taking the course that late? 🙂
 
I'm a senior and I'm thinking of taking one of my pre-reqs during the summer since I want to study for the OAT now. I plan on attending Optometry school next year, but would they be ok with me taking the course that late? 🙂

I would check the specific school's websites but most of them say the course should be completed by August before entry, if I remember correctly.
 
Definetely check with the school. One other thing to remember. Make sure your summer class ends before the first day of optometry school. I know for me at some schools, my summer class wouldn't end before optometry school starts, as some of them start a little early. So check into that too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad