pre-req question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcques

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I currently decided to go back to school and take science pre-reqs for dental or med school. I previously have a bachelors from a VA school with a gpa of 2.9. Since I work full time and have 2 kids, I decided to take chem courses at OSU since they have online courses. I did well in the first one 121. But in 122 the professor gave me a C due to discrepency in the syllabus which he didn't own up to. Anyways, now I have a C on my transcript. My question is, should I just go back to my VA university and take the courses the traditional way? This will be more challenging for me because of the timings and work-load. But the "C" wont be on my transcript there and any bad grades I got were more than 10yrs ago. Or should I just repeat the course at OSU online. I'm considering this because I'm more likely to do well in the courses since I will have more time to study since they are online. But now there's a "C" there. How bad will it look that I got a "C" at this stage in the process. I'm sure admissions committee wont look to kindly to it. The other thing is that I'm not sure how much I've learned through these courses. Will I need to know the info in Gen/organic chem very well to move forward and for the dats/mcats?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.