Pre-req Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lifeishshort23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I have a question about the Anatomy and Physiology pre-req. I took Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy....does that cover both of them or just anatomy?

Further I took Molecular Biology, Microbiology, and Foundations of Biology which are all 4 credit classes after taking Biology 101 and 102. Am I good for the A&P pre-req or do I have to take it still?
Much thanks in advance guys

Members don't see this ad.

Call schools and ask. I am starting an anatomy course at junior college after I got my BS in neurobiology. Apparently integrated A&P doesn't count for 2 courses, so m taking anatomy after taking Physio and A&P. It's all technical bull but I would ask, that's why I'm paying or classes I already took :( oh well....if it gets me in, it gets me in.

Hey guys,
So I have a question about the Anatomy and Physiology pre-req. I took Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy....does that cover both of them or just anatomy?

Further I took Molecular Biology, Microbiology, and Foundations of Biology which are all 4 credit classes after taking Biology 101 and 102. Am I good for the A&P pre-req or do I have to take it still?
Much thanks in advance guys

No, Comparative does not count for both. Look and see if your school has a complementary Human Physiology Course (most do). Whether other level credits can substitute, I am not sure of. Call the schools and ask. I took Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy and Human Phys, and there were no problems. When I talked to the schools that required it, some of them do not explicitly require a full year, an upper level biology can substitute.

Members don't see this ad :)
I realize anat&physio are important, but it is a HUGE inconvenience to biology, chemistry, physics majors.

At my school, I cannot take the human anatomy and physio since its only open to students from a particular faculty/major, even if there are seats.

*SIGH*

Thanks for all the replies guys. So I'm guessing I'll have to complete a course of A&P now too...haven't called the schools yet but that is what it's looking like.

So since I have submitted my optomCAS without indicating that I'm taking A&P.......what should I do?