Pre-req questions??

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Canadian26

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I actually need some advice on a topic. I was considering upgrading my Organic chem and one phsyics mark, I just need to know if this is a smart idea. My GPA in the courses are high enough to meet pre-req standards for I think everyone, however they are my lowest pre-req marks. So my question is, should I take a harder 300 level organic chem to boost my pre-req average or should I juss focus on raising my over all gpa? Im really debating the question, any input would help.

Also on a side note, which is considered more your GPA or your OAT mark? or are they same?

Members don't see this ad.

Canadian26 said:
I actually need some advice on a topic. I was considering upgrading my Organic chem and one phsyics mark, I just need to know if this is a smart idea. My GPA in the courses are high enough to meet pre-req standards for I think everyone, however they are my lowest pre-req marks. So my question is, should I take a harder 300 level organic chem to boost my pre-req average or should I juss focus on raising my over all gpa? Im really debating the question, any input would help.

Also on a side note, which is considered more your GPA or your OAT mark? or are they same?

From what i hear, gpa and oat have to work together. Possibly that you can get in with a high gpa and a decent oat and vise versa. It's great to have both because optometry schools seem to only take a certain amount of people each year and there is only 17[correct me if i'm wrong] university's out there.