Pre-req questions??

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Canadian26

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually need some advice on a topic. I was considering upgrading my Organic chem and one phsyics mark, I just need to know if this is a smart idea. My GPA in the courses are high enough to meet pre-req standards for I think everyone, however they are my lowest pre-req marks. So my question is, should I take a harder 300 level organic chem to boost my pre-req average or should I juss focus on raising my over all gpa? Im really debating the question, any input would help.

Also on a side note, which is considered more your GPA or your OAT mark? or are they same?
 
Canadian26 said:
I actually need some advice on a topic. I was considering upgrading my Organic chem and one phsyics mark, I just need to know if this is a smart idea. My GPA in the courses are high enough to meet pre-req standards for I think everyone, however they are my lowest pre-req marks. So my question is, should I take a harder 300 level organic chem to boost my pre-req average or should I juss focus on raising my over all gpa? Im really debating the question, any input would help.

Also on a side note, which is considered more your GPA or your OAT mark? or are they same?

From what i hear, gpa and oat have to work together. Possibly that you can get in with a high gpa and a decent oat and vise versa. It's great to have both because optometry schools seem to only take a certain amount of people each year and there is only 17[correct me if i'm wrong] university's out there.