Pre-Req Refresher?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBombay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! First post, but I've been reading the forums for a bit. Had a question regarding pre-requisites and was seeking some advice from Non-Trads.

I've been out of school for 3 years now, and I am currently living in Japan. I have taken half of the pre-reqs (Bio1,G.Chem 1&2, Phys1) while I was in college, but my last general chemistry, bio, and physics course was about 5 years ago. I'm planning on returning back to the US in Spring. Are there any books that you would recommend as a refresher? Would it be best to take CC audited courses? I'm planning on going back to school during the Summer and Fall to finish Pre-meds.. MCAT in Spring

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone! First post, but I've been reading the forums for a bit. Had a question regarding pre-requisites and was seeking some advice from Non-Trads.

I've been out of school for 3 years now, and I am currently living in Japan. I have taken half of the pre-reqs (Bio1,G.Chem 1&2, Phys1) while I was in college, but my last general chemistry, bio, and physics course was about 5 years ago. I'm planning on returning back to the US in Spring. Are there any books that you would recommend as a refresher? Would it be best to take CC audited courses? I'm planning on going back to school during the Summer and Fall to finish Pre-meds.. MCAT in Spring

Any MCAT Content Review Book would be a good start.

You might purchase a Schaum's outline for General Chemistry and do a bit of work before Organic Chemistry. You can do some MCAT review books (or even better) or do a practice test, to see where your knowledge base from your previous course work puts you. Based on your practice test scores (and level of comfort), you can decide if you need to audit coursework before this important exam.

Auditing a course is good if you know that your knowledge base is deficient. If you are having a problem with the manner in which the MCAT tests (far different from coursework which is regurg), then you need to make sure that you can conform to this testing manner. This comes from de constructing a practice exam and making sure that you understand the types of questions you are going to be asked to solve.

Get the EK 1001 question books and do them all

Youll have a head start on the MCAT and it will throughly alleviate any gaps in knowledge