pre-reqs and applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshiney

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I did not get a chance to look at the application before it closed last year. I was wondering if there is a part of the application that asks what classes you will be taking. I am applying to some schools with extra pre-reqs and don't plan on taking them if I don't get an interview. Will this screw me later?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I did not get a chance to look at the application before it closed last year. I was wondering if there is a part of the application that asks what classes you will be taking. I am applying to some schools with extra pre-reqs and don't plan on taking them if I don't get an interview. Will this screw me later?
Thanks!

There is a section for listing classes you are currently taking or expect to take. You can also update your application in December to make any corrections to those lists.

In general, it should not make a difference, but the schools will hold you to what you say you are going to take. If you get in, they will probably say that your acceptance is contingent upon satisfactory completion of those classes.

For UF they require micro and macro bio, two courses that are not required at the other schools to which I am applying. I don't really care to add those two courses on to all the other things I am doing, if I do not have to. So, would you put those on the list of courses you plan to take? Would other schools care if it was not one of their pre-reqs? Or would I be required to take them because they are on the list? Does that make sense?