Pre reqs and Order taken

Started by rc343
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rc343

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any advice on sequence of Pre reqs?

Specifically should I take physics classes or chemistry series first? All other Pre reqs are completed.

Thank you for your time and advice.
 
For me personally I found taking Chem 1 before taking physics to be helpful.

Mind you before I did my DIY post bac in 2018, I hadn’t taken a math course since statistics in 2008 so physics scared the hell out of me when I first started it. But I found that because chemistry 1 is sorta like a math refresher I was able to apply the concepts of stoichometry to unit conversions in physics and it helped me a lot.

If you aren’t in a similar situation to where I was and math is more fresh/easier for you than it shouldn’t matter too much the order.
 
For me personally I found taking Chem 1 before taking physics to be helpful.

Mind you before I did my DIY post bac in 2018, I hadn’t taken a math course since statistics in 2008 so physics scared the hell out of me when I first started it. But I found that because chemistry 1 is sorta like a math refresher I was able to apply the concepts of stoichometry to unit conversions in physics and it helped me a lot.

If you aren’t in a similar situation to where I was and math is more fresh/easier for you than it shouldn’t matter too much the order.
It has been a while that is why I’m nervous. Thank you!