Pre reqs and Order taken

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rc343

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice on sequence of Pre reqs?

Specifically should I take physics classes or chemistry series first? All other Pre reqs are completed.

Thank you for your time and advice.

Members don't see this ad.

For me personally I found taking Chem 1 before taking physics to be helpful.

Mind you before I did my DIY post bac in 2018, I hadn’t taken a math course since statistics in 2008 so physics scared the hell out of me when I first started it. But I found that because chemistry 1 is sorta like a math refresher I was able to apply the concepts of stoichometry to unit conversions in physics and it helped me a lot.

If you aren’t in a similar situation to where I was and math is more fresh/easier for you than it shouldn’t matter too much the order.

Reactions: 1 user
For me personally I found taking Chem 1 before taking physics to be helpful.

Mind you before I did my DIY post bac in 2018, I hadn’t taken a math course since statistics in 2008 so physics scared the hell out of me when I first started it. But I found that because chemistry 1 is sorta like a math refresher I was able to apply the concepts of stoichometry to unit conversions in physics and it helped me a lot.

If you aren’t in a similar situation to where I was and math is more fresh/easier for you than it shouldn’t matter too much the order.
It has been a while that is why I’m nervous. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
I'd also recommend chem but there isn't too much overlap between the two.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 users