Pre-Reqs and Other Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anewton

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken alll my pre-reqs(a few retakes) My science gpa is a 2.7(pharmcas). How should I raise it to be more competitive.

Should I take only advanced courses and possibly get a B or C
or
Should I take lower level courses and get easy A's

Any advice would be great. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have taken alll my pre-reqs(a few retakes) My science gpa is a 2.7(pharmcas). How should I raise it to be more competitive.

Should I take only advanced courses and possibly get a B or C
or
Should I take lower level courses and get easy A's

Any advice would be great. Thanks

Doing well in advanced courses will show the ADCOM you can handle the tough schedule of phamacy school.

While I think taking tougher classes IS good to show you can handle academic rigor, if you don't even get looked at because your GPA is below a soft-floor (which aren't always well published) they may not even get past the numbers.

Although, I don't know how many "easy" science courses would be left for you if presumably you've done most of them and have a 2.7 sGPA. I'd say if you could balance 1 hard class with 3 easier ones that might help.

It might help to know what you have and haven't taken beyond the pre-requisites and what your cGPA is.