Pre reqs at Community College

Started by ashilb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ashilb

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I currently attending a Community College and had a question about applying to vet school. If I did all my pre reqs at a community college can i apply to a vet school or do i have to go to a University. I know some school dont require bachelors so i was just wondering.

Thanks guys.
 
It depends on the schools. Some schools require certain classes be taken at universities, others "prefer" university courses, and others don't have a preference. Check out each school's website.
 
I took several of my lower level pre-reqs (General Chem, Physics) at a community college since being a non-trad, it fit into my schedule better (night classes). I did talk to the schools I was applying to and they were fine with it. The courses I did take at a CC had guaranteed college transfer credits to the four year universities in the state (there were however some similar courses that did not say they were a guarantee transfer so again I would check with the vet schools you are interested in applying to).