Pre-Reqs/ covid-19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2thdoctah

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard about any changes yet? I know a lot of people won’t finish their shadowing hours, some might have to get S/P for grades, Prometric might not open until May-June-July... I work at a dental school and I know they are focused on how to get D4s to graduate on time and getting rotations worked out for D3s and everyone else.

Members don't see this ad.

I was reading on the pre-med forums a bit because it has more chatter, and the 'adcoms' on there were basically saying "you had 3 years to prepare your application, if it's not ready apply next cycle"

I hope dental adcoms are less ruthless lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
I was reading on the pre-med forums a bit because it has more chatter, and the 'adcoms' on there were basically saying "you had 3 years to prepare your application, if it's not ready apply next cycle"

I hope dental adcoms are less ruthless lmao
:blackeye: Yikes lol

Has anyone heard about any changes yet? I know a lot of people won’t finish their shadowing hours, some might have to get S/P for grades, Prometric might not open until May-June-July... I work at a dental school and I know they are focused on how to get D4s to graduate on time and getting rotations worked out for D3s and everyone else.

I know schools are making exceptions with grading scales, and are allowing S/P grades, and I know my school is allowing online labs when they weren't previously accepted. But as for shadowing hours/DAT deadlines... I doubt those will get changed. I just think we might see a lot more late applicants this year since they were able to get some of the requirements completed before June.

Not anymore, but I know just about everyone who is. ADEA is compiling that information for all prehealth advisors, and pretty much nothing has changed.

Are you saying the application cycle will move on like normal? What about all the students that cannot get their app ready in time? We don't even know how long this lockdown is gonna last

I don’t see students in New York taking the DAT anytime soon. Same for everyone else... schools have to get rid of “early or late” applicants. Maybe this cycle will be a real holistic approach.

Are you saying the application cycle will move on like normal? What about all the students that cannot get their app ready in time? We don't even know how long this lockdown is gonna last
We will have to be patient to see if there are any announcements or changes. That's all we know.

Reactions: 1 user