pre-reqs enough for DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the DAT "guaranteed" to not have any questions outside of what is covered in the pre-reqs?

Also, did anyone start preparing for the DAT say 1 yr in advance?.....I'm thinking about buying the Kaplan book and looking over it a little each day.

Good day :love:

Members don't see this ad.

colt said:
Is the DAT "guaranteed" to not have any questions outside of what is covered in the pre-reqs?

Also, did anyone start preparing for the DAT say 1 yr in advance?.....I'm thinking about buying the Kaplan book and looking over it a little each day.

Good day :love:
pre-reqs should be efficient... but depends on your schools curriculum for biology especially. 1 year advance? Sure if you want to, lol im going to prepare for about 3 months of basicly cramming for 6 hours a day

The ada website has a list of topics that can show up on the DAT. These items are typically covered your basic pre-reqs however not all schools cover every topic listed.
(For example, my biology course didn't go into too much detail about various functions of the brain, so I ended up studying that on my own.)

Ok thanks guys...I hope Kaplan will cover everything we covered and didn't cover in class. I didn't know about the list--I'll have to check that out.

At 3 months and 6 hrs a day you should spank the DAT dragon.

Members don't see this ad :)
my zoology class didn't cover anything about bones,neuroscience,human excretion, and other human respiration... we didn't cover anything about human physiology. the only thing we covered is classification and early embryology. i am so mad because we didnt' cover a lot of material in my zoology class.

chordata said:
The ada website has a list of topics that can show up on the DAT. These items are typically covered your basic pre-reqs however not all schools cover every topic listed.
(For example, my biology course didn't go into too much detail about various functions of the brain, so I ended up studying that on my own.)

Mind posting the link?? :)

issa said:
my zoology class didn't cover anything about bones,neuroscience,human excretion, and other human respiration... we didn't cover anything about human physiology. the only thing we covered is classification and early embryology. i am so mad because we didnt' cover a lot of material in my zoology class.
Ya, my zoology classes didnt cover a whole lot of this stuff either... Except the excretion, which of course mammals excrete urea where reptiles and birds excrete uric acid... Neuroscience we basicly covered the 12 optic nerves and the homologies of the cerebral cortex... respiration, didnt cover a whole lot of this except homologies in the reptile, bird, and human respiratory systems... But ya, i believe with some serious review of biology, aka schuams, and chemistry, kaplan, you should be fine for the DAT... Chem is whats going to be the worse. PIECE OF ADVICE FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE STILL TAKING CHEMS--> Dont BS your way through the class like I did, because i dont remember a whole lot, and now im paying for it spending most of my time studying this stuff! So, try to actully retain this info, it will help you out tremendously!