pre-reqs grade requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dr bojangles

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
some schools say they want "no grades below C in the pre-requisite courses," or something to that effect, such as Nova. i had one or two C or C- grades in a pre-req course (i was a freshmen, yes, beer happens😀, laziness ensues😴). anyway had all A's/B's in upper level courses in undergrad, currently carrying a 4.0 in Master's.

should i still apply to those schools, meaning am i still eligible to be considered, or will they chuck my app out the window? maybe poor performance in the courses can be compensated by great DAT's? any advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated, so i can start narrowing down my list of schools....which saves money....which means more beer:laugh:. wait wait, i feel like i've been in this position before.....
thanks for your time!
 
I would try calling some of the schools you are interested in and asking their opinions. If you earned A's and B's in the upper-level courses (I'm assuming these were sciences) then I think that shows you have a good grasp on the material. Definitely do well on the DAT, as this will further show that you are proficient in the prerequisite subjects.
Bottom line: Call the schools before you apply. I think you should be fine (4.0 in a Masters! NICE) but you should definitely double-check.
 
....and i want a supermodel wife who never leaves the bedroom, but it doesn't mean I'm going to get it. 😛. Unless they specifically say that they will NOT consider someone under a specific cut-off, I would apply. However, i totally sympathize with your concerns of a beer shortage.....Isn't that what loans are for though......i mean in regards to applications. 😀