Pre-Reqs/No bachelors

Started by Rayau9
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rayau9

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I'm currently in community college in Texas, specifically Houston. I have taken quite a few classes like psychology, human a & p, eng, math, biology 1, history, gov etc and wish to take most of the major classes like physics 1, bio 2, calc and general chemistry 1 & 2 this upcoming year, in Spring 2020. I am thinking if applying to med school in July of 2020 is a good idea for me or not. I have a 4.0 gpa in science classes and a cumulative gpa of 3.85. I plan on taking my MCAT in January/March of 2020. I am very hopeful that I will do good because I'm very strong in my sciences and math and because I know I will study hard. I have a lot of volunteering hours, clinical and non clinical and paid (3000+ all together). I am also starting to scribe and I have 60 hours of experience, shadowing 4 specialities. And I am starting research next semester, as well. I am hoping when I apply and if I get accepted, before matriculation I would complete my undergrad, mostly electives and organic chem 1 and 2, physics 2, biochemistry, and genetics. How strong of a candidate would I be for med school? Would med schools consider taking me or not at all? Do you think it's better that I wait till 2021, after completing my bachelors then apply or would it be worth it to try? My only reason for trying to apply early is just so I could do it a year earlier, that's all. Please help! I'd love all the feedback I could get. Thank you!