pre reqs question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
which pre reqs are a must to have finished before taking the DAT? and do dental schools require you to have all pre reqs complete at time of application? ty. if no, are there certain ones they look for?

Members don't see this ad.

which pre reqs are a must to have finished before taking the DAT? and do dental schools require you to have all pre reqs complete at time of application? ty. if no, are there certain ones they look for?

Chem, O Chem, and Bio; then Physics, Calculus, English.

not sure what you mean. u saying i should take chem and ochem at same time? i never took science not even in hs, fwiw. all i have left to take are sciences with lab. i already have bs.

Members don't see this ad :)

Before taking DAT- Gen Chem. O chem. Intro Bio unless you can study on ur own and grasp 100% of the material

for application, I've seen a guy who submitted everything except for ochem lab II by time of application, not sure about this.

From what I've heard/read, I don't think you have to have all your prereqs done before you apply (just have them done before you start dental school -- list them as planned courses on your application). For the DAT, it's probably nice to have finished general chem, organic chem, and intro bio.

you are good to go as long as you complete all the pre req's before matriculation.