Pre Reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Studentprez

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I graduated already from a 4 year with a 3.4 GPA with a BS in finance. How would I go about taking the pre reqs for med school. From what I understand you can't take them at a junior college? Would you need to complete a post bac program?
 
I graduated already from a 4 year with a 3.4 GPA with a BS in finance. How would I go about taking the pre reqs for med school. From what I understand you can't take them at a junior college? Would you need to complete a post bac program?

There should be all sorts of information about this in previous forums. A couple of options: do a formal post-bacc program or do a DIY post-bacc program. If you do a DIY program, it's more advisable to do it at a 4 year university; however, many people have taken the prereqs at a community college and been accepted to medical school.
 
I graduated already from a 4 year with a 3.4 GPA with a BS in finance. How would I go about taking the pre reqs for med school. From what I understand you can't take them at a junior college? Would you need to complete a post bac program?
Check out my profile. I have the same situation as you. And a lot of information around the forum so do some digging!