Pre reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuroiscool42

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I go to a school in the UC system and we are only offered two quarters(=1 semester) of lab for gchem, ochem, and physics. Do school really want a whole year of lab for each of these basic classes or will what I have be sufficient? I've been reading the pre-reqs it seems they think all lectures have labs attached. Can anybody who has been accepted with this situation give advice on how to deal with it?

Members don't see this ad.

I go to a school in the UC system and we are only offered two quarters(=1 semester) of lab for gchem, ochem, and physics. Do school really want a whole year of lab for each of these basic classes or will what I have be sufficient? I've been reading the pre-reqs it seems they think all lectures have labs attached. Can anybody who has been accepted with this situation give advice on how to deal with it?

I went to a UC/Current DO student. I do remember having the same question. I applied with 2 quarters of g chem lab and 2 quarters of o chem lab. For physics and bio it wasn't an issue for me in terms of the 0.667 quarter to semester conversion because I took an extra lecture/lab at a community college (anatomy w/ lab, waves and motion). I reached out to admissions offices during my cycle and they were fine with it. I suggest you email the schools you are interested in as well just in case anything has changed since then.

I have reached out to a few schools but a lot of them never gave me a direct answer which makes me wonder if they are on the same page with the admissions committee.