Program-Specific Info / Q's pre-Reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mimiottobe

Reaction score
I have made the decision to apply this cycle for OT school, but my issue is that I need one more prerequisite, which is AP II. My plan was to take it over the summer and transfer the credits. However, my main institution does not offer it over the summer, and the community college I enrolled in has class times that interfere with my work schedule. Both the lab and lecture start at the same time or at times when I would not be able to attend. Fortunately, I have found another community college where I can take the course without it being a scheduling conflict. I'm wondering if it would look bad to have the course come from two different community colleges.

Members don't see this ad.

I have 3 courses on my transcript from 2 different community colleges: writing, finite math, and exercise physiology. Writing was a prereq for some OT schools, so I was nervous that it came from a community college, but it hasn't been an issue for me. I would say you are fine, but thats just based off my experience.

Reactions: 1 user
It won't! I took all my prerecs at different schools (applied this cycle) and have already gotten into three OT schools. Not something people stress about.

Reactions: 1 user