pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mz Shaikh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can i just take the pre-reqs at a community college? Or do I have to do a post-bac or masters? I know I've PM some ppl on this topic but I just want to know what other ppl have to say about this. Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

Check with the schools you plan to apply to. The rules regarding community college credit varies from school to school, but the general rule is just to take as many as possible (read as "all") at a 4 year university, even if that means post-bacc work for you. I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

I had e-mailed NYU and BU...both are saying that taking pre-reqs at a community college will make me less competitive. What do you recomm? I really can't afford to take calsses at a 4-yr school since I'm already done with undergrad. Any one out there who is going to dental school at NYU, BU, Arizona, Tufts, Temple, MCG, Nova, USC or Howard and took science pre-reqs at a community college? (these are the schools on my list so far :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say to go with what you were told by the schools you inquired at. They are your best source of correct information.

thank you for your response

I understand and empathize with you for not been able to attend a 4 year school. Here is the deal, if u were told by the schools then why even question that advice. If u take loans and attend a 4 year program just like the way I did. You will be able to follow Adcoms advice but if u still wanna join CC then I am afraid u will suffer the consequences.

my 2 cents-

Mz Shaikh said:
I had e-mailed NYU and BU...both are saying that taking pre-reqs at a community college will make me less competitive. What do you recomm? I really can't afford to take calsses at a 4-yr school since I'm already done with undergrad. Any one out there who is going to dental school at NYU, BU, Arizona, Tufts, Temple, MCG, Nova, USC or Howard and took science pre-reqs at a community college? (these are the schools on my list so far :scared: