Quantcast

Pre-Req's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4mykids

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hello, how many pre-req's are generally needed before applying to a program? I know it all depends on the school, but have you found that the more classes you have done the better your chance?

Thanks

aubieRx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
some require 2 years and some require 3 years worth of classes.

Generally speaking, the courses (english, chemistry, biology, history sequence) are the same between schools with minor differences (usually in liberal arts, social science reqs...and certain bio courses).

while it is very possible to get in without a degree or more than the necessary course list extra courses probably help more than they hurt (of course that depends on teh grades in them)

4mykids

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I need to be a little more clear.

I am going to apply at Creighton and UofU and both say that all pre reqs need to be completed before the end of july the year you plan to start. Given that you need to apply way before July, if I was to apply with only electives left would that be better than to apply with ochem and calc left?

I am trying to find the right way to go about this, I am taking classes from the university and a community college. I am to old to be messing around anymore (laughing). Need a little help, the advisors at my schools aren't really giving me any hard information.

Thanks.