Pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scrlet52

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do many people apply without Physics?? I am currently taking Physics I and will finish both before next year, but does it matter that I havent finished those pre-reqs first??

Members don't see this ad.

If I recall correctly, many schools want BCP done by junior year. I can't remember if it's required or not though. Definitely have it under your belt before graduation though.

If I recall correctly, many schools want BCP done by junior year. I can't remember if it's required or not though. Definitely have it under your belt before graduation though.

I don't know of any school that requires you taking if before your junior year. I'm taking them right now. I wish I would've taken earlier to get my gpa higher...it's relatively easy compare to other science classes if you like physics. Adcoms just ask me to send them my physics grades if I get accepted so they know i've completed it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nearly everbody at my school applies without physics. I actually was unsure about career paths and took physics before hand.

I think Ohio state is picky about it being done, or 3/4 of all of them done, but it was never an issue with me so I am unsure.

Nearly everybody at my undergrad applied without having completed physicis. Traditionally it was the last pre-req taken, and one course was taken during each semester the senior year. Some schools will even waive physics (or at least the second semester) after you are accepted if you pull the right strings.

Nearly everybody at my undergrad applied without having completed physicis. Traditionally it was the last pre-req taken, and one course was taken during each semester the senior year. Some schools will even waive physics (or at least the second semester) after you are accepted if you pull the right strings.

lol, I just got a mental image of dental schools as marionettes. Thanks, Gavin.