Pre-requisite course optometry

Started by ODgirl18
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ODgirl18

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I would like to study in an optometry school. I have researched about the admissions the before- things-to-do. My question is, do I have to take the OAT if i there's only one pre-requisite subject that i have not taken in my college years?

Hoping for a reply.
 
Assuming I read the question correctly, you have to take the OAT. There is no way around taking the entrance exam. It is a key tool schools use to gauge your intellectual and critical thinking capacity.
 
You take the pre-requisite classes, and then you take the OAT. The OAT isn't for people who didn't take the pre-reqs.