Pre Requisite / MCAT

indianjatt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In general, if you study and keep up with material in pre requisite classes, get A's in courses, try to understand the concepts, you can do well on the MCAT right? I'm just worried that my memory won't be the BEST, but I played Simon LOL and got 17 which is OKAY right? http://www.freegames.ws/games/kidsgames/simon/simon.htm

Also, how can I improve my CR skills? It's average, but not super good, around 650 on the SAT. Would simply reading books and writing essays help with this?

Thanks! (I'm very neurotic! ahh)

Members don't see this ad.

In general, if you study and keep up with material in pre requisite classes, get A's in courses, try to understand the concepts, you can do well on the MCAT right? I'm just worried that my memory won't be the BEST, but I played Simon LOL and got 17 which is OKAY right? http://www.freegames.ws/games/kidsgames/simon/simon.htm

Also, how can I improve my CR skills? It's average, but not super good, around 650 on the SAT. Would simply reading books and writing essays help with this?

Thanks! (I'm very neurotic! ahh)

Wow dude, you need to relax. If you do a good job with correctly learning your pre-req classes, then after some brushing up and a couple practice tests, the MCAT will follow. I guess some people just like worrying about things.

^ Yeah that's me! I guess it's good and bad. I've always wanted to become a doctor and I want to do everything I can to make that happen so I tend to worry a lot more than others. Hopefully that drive will really put me in gear for Undergraduate Studies.

Members don't see this ad :)
While doing good in pre-requisites and remembering the concepts does probably correlate with success on the mcat. However the Mcat and arguable any standardized exam success rate's are correlated primarily with the amount of time you put in to study. I would tell you to not worry about the mcat, but your probably still going to. But regardless the Mcat is something you don't have to take until your sophomore summer is over ( unless you've got credit for ap bio,chem,and physics). So in the mean-time have fun as a undergraduate and figure out which field/ major you wish to explore prior to medical school.

Good luck :D.

In general, if you study and keep up with material in pre requisite classes, get A's in courses, try to understand the concepts, you can do well on the MCAT right?
Sort of. The MCAT mostly tests concepts and application of knowledge, so if you memorized your way to a 4.0, you might not do so hot. Your performance will also depend on your testing skills, the difficulty of your school, your study time, etc. Your memory is fine.
Also, how can I improve my CR skills?
By reading.

I've always wanted to become a doctor and I want to do everything I can to make that happen so I tend to worry a lot more than others.
The "always wanted to be a doctor" tag applies to many, many people in this field. It's not a pass to be obsessive and neurotic about everything, just so you know. Most pre-meds seem to disagree, however. :p

Sort of. The MCAT mostly tests concepts and application of knowledge, so if you memorized your way to a 4.0, you might not do so hot. Your performance will also depend on your testing skills, the difficulty of your school, your study time, etc. Your memory is fine.
By reading.

The "always wanted to be a doctor" tag applies to many, many people in this field. It's not a pass to be obsessive and neurotic about everything, just so you know. Most pre-meds seem to disagree, however. :p
Is UC Davis a good school in terms of difficulty? I hope so. :p

I think my main concern is my testing skills. :( I didn't study for the SAT as much as I will for the MCAT, but that's obvious. Hopefully preparation, studying, and reading helps! ;)

Thanks for the advice MilkMan! You're always willing to help HS students. :)

The schools that don't prepare you terribly well for the MCAT are definitely the exception to the rule. It's usually a case of the memorization thing I mentioned. Any UC (or state school of any kind) is going to be just fine. You have plenty of time to work on your test taking.

You're welcome. :) :thumbup: