Pre-Requisites

Started by nufsi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nufsi

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have problems getting everything together in this so I need help.
I got into one school and got waitlisted to two schools. I am scheduled to be interviewed at another school in June.
I have paid $200 deposit to the school that I got into, but I don't think I would be happy being there.
Also, I need to take a social behavioral course during the summer.
I have completed prereqs for the schools that I got waitlisted to. I am rank 6 in one and rank "no possibility" for the other.
I called the school that I will be interviewed at and figured out that I am missing 3 prerequsites.
I have no problems taking extra classes during summer, but since I have not yet been accepted to the school I don't want to bet. (summer classes begin before the interview)
I feel they would reject/waitlist me because I am missing 3. This school is one of my top choices but I don't want to spend another $700 making a trip.
Another concern is that I need to make decisions asap. As an international student, I have to leave US by 7/31/17 and renew my visa.
What are your suggestions?
Should I still take the classes that I am missing?
Should I just go to the school that I got accepted to?
Or should I take a gap year, and reapply in July?