pre-requisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1017515

hi! i was a non-science major in undergrad and therefore have some pre-requisites left to take. I was planning on taking some summer classes but due to COVID it is likely those will now be offered online instead of in person. Will this be okay for optometry schools? I know they require in person classes but was wondering if anyone knew if they are making exception to this rule. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Optometry schools know how COVID-19 has impacted a lot of things right and are very understanding about everyone's situations. It is really out of your hands so it can't be used against you. This is something they never expected and don't know what to do themselves. I would still say contact schools you are interested in and let them know and see if they have any other preferences. But for the most part, schools are working with students.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey I found a video on YouTube that tells you what prerequisites you need for optometry school, it pretty much explains briefly the steps you need to take to be optometrist. Hopefully this helps:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I'm a non-science major student too. Could you let me know where are you taking those prerequisite courses?

Hi, I'm a non-science major student too. Could you let me know where are you taking those prerequisite courses?
i took most of them while in undergrad and the couple i have left i'm taking at another 4 year uni or a community college close to home

i took most of them while in undergrad and the couple i have left i'm taking at another 4 year uni or a community college close to home
Thank you for replying me! So you've taken them as non-degree student after you graduated? I still got 8 classes left (general chemistry, general biology, organic chemistry, etc.) which I think will take about 4 semesters to finish.

Thank you for replying me! So you've taken them as non-degree student after you graduated? I still got 8 classes left (general chemistry, general biology, organic chemistry, etc.) which I think will take about 4 semesters to finish.
yeah! i only have biochemistry and an additional biology course with lab left to take so i took biochem over the summer and plan to take the bio next spring as a non-degree student!