pre-residency in neurosurgery.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a pre-residency in neurosurgery.If anybody knows about any such program than kindly let me know.
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

There are tons. Boston University, University of New Mexico, and University of Illinois-Peoria come to mind. If you do a google search you can find more. Some will treat you as an intern, with operative and floor experience. Others are more research oriented. The programs' websites will have more info.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What is the point of these pre-residencies? Who does them? Why?

Thanks!

What is the point of these pre-residencies? Who does them? Why?

Thanks!
People do them to get letters, pubs, and make connections in the field so they can match the next year. It's usually FMGs, but AMGs who haven't matched or don't feel comfortable applying in 4th year do them as well.

People do them to get letters, pubs, and make connections in the field so they can match the next year. It's usually FMGs, but AMGs who haven't matched or don't feel comfortable applying in 4th year do them as well.

o ok. iite, thnx dawg.

I will be very grateful If anyone let me know about other pre-residency neurosurgery programs besides the name of programs mentioned above. Any help in this regard is highly appreciated. Thanks to Serous Demilune once again.

Each year, the Department of Neurosurgery offers two one-year non-accredited pre-residency positions.
Interviews begin at the end of April, and the positions start July 1.