Pre-vet experience opportunities- sharing thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fly Racing

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is to allow us to share opportunities to gain valuable vet hours. I hope everyone can join in letting others know when they see an opportunity they may have seen, passed on, “graduated” from or has more openings! This could include employment openings, internships, trips/programs, volunteer opportunities, ect. Be sure to list the location and any relevant available info such as species, paid/not paid, time frames, housing available if applicable, links, ect. If sharing personal contact information you’ve been given permission to share (for example a cell phone number, rather than a Clinic’s main number), share by private message only.

Best wishes to everyone and good luck on your applications!

Members don't see this ad.

I’ll get us started with some equine opportunities from colleagues:

Arizona (Phoenix)- Equine (ambulatory) vet assistant, paid, part time, lodging may be available. Private message for more info.

Florida (Wellington)- Equine (primarily sports medicine) pre-vet internship and full time paid positions available. Lodging not included but they may assist with finding. Private message for more info and cell phone contact.

Texas (Weatherford)- Equine (ICU/Hospital) Full time vet techs/assistants for day and night shifts. Paid. Equine Sports Medicine and Surgery. Private message for more info

If you’re highly interested in equine, send me a message and I can try to help get you set up with someone. Sorry, I can’t be of more help to small animal hopefuls!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Probably best not to list phone numbers in a public internet forum.
I’ve edited it for the time being, but I am curious behind the concern over posting main office business phone numbers that are readily available publicly online already or are used with permission? I completely agree that personal contacts should never be posted publicly.