Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Pre-vet job opportunity in Georgia

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by projekt, May 16, 2008.

1. projekt

projekt UGA c/o 2012
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Hi all,

Since I got into vet school, my job will be opening up for another lucky candidate! It's a great place to work, the pay is excellent, and the July 1 start date is early enough for an out-of-stater to get in-state status when applying to UGA.

I work at a tiny laboratory animal facility in Atlanta, GA that has three caretakers (including me), a manager and a veterinarian. This is what we want for a replacement:

Position: Laboratory Technician II. Essentially, a vet tech who does husbandry work.

Responsibilities: Animal husbandry, prepping and assisting with surgery, facility maintenance (read: cleaning), administrivia.

Required: solid vet tech experience, including OR, anesthesia, placing catheters and giving injections, restraint, etc. Must be dependable and willing to work every third weekend and some holidays.

Useful: AALAS certification. Research husbandry experience. Exotics experience. Computer skills (troubleshooting, etc). Good communication skills.

PM me if you want the details. The job isn't officially posted yet so I can't just provide the link.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LVT2DVM

LVT2DVM UGA-CVM c/o 2013
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Hey I sent you a PM.

4. VeterinaryLover

7+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary