Pre-vet school advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

House_on_fire

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a senior in high school, and I have been planning on becoming a vet since I was four-years-old. I'm passionate about helping animals.

I am a North Carolina resident, and I had been planning to do my pre-vet schooling at Campbell University. However, the VA scholorship I am most likely going to recieve won't cover my fees at Campbell, as it is a private university, and the scholorship will not cover private universities.

I am hoping to attend NC State for my vet training, so I would prefer to stay in state for my pre-vet training. I am having a hard time finding information on colleges in NC that offer pre-vet classes. If anyone can offer me any advice, I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of state schools offer the pre-requisites for vet school. NC state for undergrad should have everything you need, but be careful not to make yourself into a typical applicant if you go there. You can usually go onto the school's website and download a course catalog, and compare that to the requirements.

I'm a senior at NCSU.

We have a great pre-vet program and the pre-vet club gives you some great opportunities for animal and vet experience.

If you have any questions about NCSU, just ask away.