Pre-Veterinary Club Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hottytoddy48

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am a member of my school's pre-vet club exec and we are in a bit of a rut for what to do this semester due to covid. In the previous semesters we have toured zoos, clinics, and had several various clinic (bandaging, suturing, etc), but we have not had much luck this semester with finding an opportunities. Are there any current veterinary students (the more the merrier) who would be willing to zoom with us to either talk about vet school, or possibly even talk or teach about a specific topic or skill? Or, if someone else is apart of another pre-vet club we could do something virtually together. I have reached out to so many people, but like I said we are very stuck! Please help me out by leaving any ideas you might have. TIA!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

I am a member of my school's pre-vet club exec and we are in a bit of a rut for what to do this semester due to covid. In the previous semesters we have toured zoos, clinics, and had several various clinic (bandaging, suturing, etc), but we have not had much luck this semester with finding an opportunities. Are there any current veterinary students (the more the merrier) who would be willing to zoom with us to either talk about vet school, or possibly even talk or teach about a specific topic or skill? Or, if someone else is apart of another pre-vet club we could do something virtually together. I have reached out to so many people, but like I said we are very stuck! Please help me out by leaving any ideas you might have. TIA!!!!!

What school do you attend and in which state?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure how feasible it would be since U Miss and Miss State are different schools but here we have a mentorship program with the pre-vet club. It's called the Can I Vet Yet? Mentorship Program. I'm assuming many of you hope to attend Mississippi State so maybe there's be a way to connect with current Mississippi State vet students?

My PVC is doing Zoom meetings with admissions representatives at our contract schools (VMCVM and Miss State; we usually do them in person), so our students can learn about the programs and ask questions. We're also having our career services staff teach us tips for interviewing.

Have you tried contacting club alumnis from your school? When I was in undergrad, former club members returned to do a panel. I think that accomplish something similar to internet strangers presenting to your club lol

If you were able to find a veterinarian willing to do a zoom physical exam, members could watch and practice on their own pets live

Reactions: 1 user