Pre-writing MD/PhD secondaries--sources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjame

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
From what I can see, different schools do different things (compared to MD-only) for their MD/PhD secondaries. Do we have a treasure trove of past MD/PhD secondaries here? I am confusion.

giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 1591376690515.png
    1591376690515.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: 1 users
A Redditor posted 25 secondaries from last year in the comments to the same question! I just linked those comments for posterity in the mdphdinfo resources page: Resources for Applicants and Trainees

Original reddit post:

All credit to ar1v3r!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Why are you so awesome? Thank you!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the link. Can we expect the prompts listed to be *roughly* similar between years?

Thanks for the link. Can we expect the prompts listed to be *roughly* similar between years?

I'd say so. My plan is to look at the past few years of secondary prompts (if available) to see which ones are recycled.

Just in case anyone wants them, I've got MD-PhD only prompts for (from 2019-2020 cycle): Baylor, Georgetown, University of Florida, University of Kansas, University of Maryland, University of Minnesota, University of Rochester, University of Texas Medical Branch, and Virginia Commonwealth. Feel free to PM me!

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone get the prompt for UConn and UMinnesota MDPHD? Can someone post it here or PM me? I would really appreciate it!

Can anyone confirm that the U Washington secondary was just:

University of Washington:

1. How did you find out about the University of Washington's Medical Scientist Training Program?
That seems so short! But would be amazing if that was it.

Also if anyone could share U Miami's that would be great :)

This is one question asked in UW's MSTP supplemental application, which you have to submit to be considered for a secondary. They also give you space on the supplemental to supplement your AMCAS Personal Comments, describe on your research interests, and elaborate on all of your research and clinical experiences. You don't need an invitation to complete the supplemental and it's available on their website.

Last year's secondary included questions about your preparation to become a physician, a short autobiography, a diversity question, an adversity question, and a question about the effect of inequities on patient you've worked with.