• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Pre-writing MD/PhD secondaries--sources?

jjame

2+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2019
From what I can see, different schools do different things (compared to MD-only) for their MD/PhD secondaries. Do we have a treasure trove of past MD/PhD secondaries here? I am confusion.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• 1591376690515.png
    1591376690515.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

getlucky

2+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2016
  1. MD/PhD Student
Just in case anyone wants them, I've got MD-PhD only prompts for (from 2019-2020 cycle): Baylor, Georgetown, University of Florida, University of Kansas, University of Maryland, University of Minnesota, University of Rochester, University of Texas Medical Branch, and Virginia Commonwealth. Feel free to PM me!

Reactions: 2 users

gnΩhmChild

2+ Year Member
May 5, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
Can anyone confirm that the U Washington secondary was just:

University of Washington:

1. How did you find out about the University of Washington's Medical Scientist Training Program?
That seems so short! But would be amazing if that was it.

Also if anyone could share U Miami's that would be great :)

This is one question asked in UW's MSTP supplemental application, which you have to submit to be considered for a secondary. They also give you space on the supplemental to supplement your AMCAS Personal Comments, describe on your research interests, and elaborate on all of your research and clinical experiences. You don't need an invitation to complete the supplemental and it's available on their website.

Last year's secondary included questions about your preparation to become a physician, a short autobiography, a diversity question, an adversity question, and a question about the effect of inequities on patient you've worked with.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.