Precalculus on PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ppharms463

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not planning on taking the PCATs until next year but I was wondering if anyone knew if there is precalculus material on the PCAT. I never took precalc, but I have taken trig, calc 1 and calc 2. Does anyone know if that would be sufficient or should I work in taking precalculus into my classes?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

In order to get into calculus, don't you need precalculus? There were precalculus problems but it's more with functions than anything. So if you review your calculus you will be fine. I taken calculus 3 last summer to finish my undergraduate but it really helped me in the math section. Just go over Princeton review book crack the pcat(it's old) but they cover the material well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you! I will definitely check that out when studying for the PCAT. And usually yes you do need precalc to get into calc but I was trying to save money on credits. In retrospect, I probably should have just taken it in order.