Predictive power of AAMC IV?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qweewq11

Smiley orgy organizer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took AAMC IV yesterday (finally got it graded using Kaplan online).

What did people think of this test? And did you feel it predicted your score on the real MCAT pretty well?

TIA! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

i got a few points higher on the real thing as aamcIV - but it was close. good indicator - if you are doing well congrats

why don't you just score it with the aamc IV scale that was posted under the thread for aamc IV scale?

i took aamc IV yesterday as well and scored surprisingly well on it and i was also wondering if i could take the score seriously...for those of you who took the april mcat, did you feel that certain reading comp. based passages that were in the PS section of aamc IV were on the real mcat?
also, while i was taking the test, i didn't feel certain about all my answers in the science sections and had to take educated guesses on A LOT of the questions. is this bad or does this happen on the real test too?

Members don't see this ad :)
Phatty, I felt the same way. On a lot of questions i was feeling very unsure, but marked what i thought it was and moved on. Apparently, it worked out well, i was happy with my score. None the less, it is not a good feeling when you are unsure of your answers. I was bracing for the worst. Hopefully the real mcat will feel differently.

AAMC IV= 12 10 12, I think
April 2002= 11 11 13

decent indicator..better than AAMC V, where Igot a 30-31 1 week before the test :oops: