Preferred Hotel Accommodations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kermee

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody else having recurrent issues with the preferred hotel accommodation rates offered by the residency program already being full?

Members don't see this ad.

No problem yet with the hotels being full, but I am sure I will run into that down the road. I have more of a problem with the residencies suggesting only hotels in the $100-$150 range unless you want to stay in the next county.

Wow...didn't even think about that. I haven't made any reservations yet...going to wait until mid-November when I think all my invites have come in.

oh people - come on -
priceline.com is the best place for reservations. Just make sure you list at least a 3 star. I haven't done it yet for residency stuff, but have done it numerous times for vacations and save a ton of money. It works amazingly well.

Yes, I have used priceline before and have used them for some hotel and rental car stuff for my upcoming interviews. But be very careful, I just got burned by a program today that says they are now not interviewing on the date I had chosen. Unfortunately because I am leaving in the next couple of days for a rotation a thousand miles away I had already booked a hotel and rental car through priceline. By the way, anyone want a free night in the Wyndham around Thanksgiving?

cowbydoc said:
Yes, I have used priceline before and have used them for some hotel and rental car stuff for my upcoming interviews. But be very careful, I just got burned by a program today that says they are now not interviewing on the date I had chosen. Unfortunately because I am leaving in the next couple of days for a rotation a thousand miles away I had already booked a hotel and rental car through priceline. By the way, anyone want a free night in the Wyndham around Thanksgiving?

btw...i'm just curious in what city this hotel reservation of yours is in... :D