Pregnant rph needs advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student 123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am a floater retail pharmacist and struggling with back pains due to pregnancy. As their are only stools available with no back support , I am getting worried how am I going to get through the third trimester...I am looking for any suggestions, recommendations from fellow pharmacists who have gone through the same issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm normally a skeptic but the chiropractor has really helped me. My back hurts much, much less now than it did during the first trimester. Can you BYOS? Some people swear by those belts or belly supports, I never did try one.

I used a belly support band once the belly got big. However it wasn't much help in the beginning before your belly gets big since it doesn't fit very well unless you are large. Once I got bigger the belly band was a real blessing.
I used to sit down to verify on the only stool that was available but I worked with only a few techs. It might be harder if there were more people in the pharmacy at the same time.
My feet hurt a lot toward the end and I would have to get hubby to rub my feet after a long shift.
Bending down to pick things off the lower shelves were difficult. I worked out while I was pregnant and did a lot of squats that helped strengthen my back. I truly believe this was beneficial. You may want to work shorter shifts if you have a choice.
I hope you figure out what works for you best. Good luck with your pregnancy

Thanks Spacecowgirl/ Lahini for your advice..I have scheduled the chiropractor appt. and will try the belly support bands once I get bigger. I hope it works!!