Prelim/transitional personal statements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

driverabu

www.riograndband.com
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, what is the general concensus about providing a general personal statement vs. anesthesia specific PS when applying to prelim and transitional programs? I was just thinking of assigning my anesthesia PS to all prelim and trans. I appreciate any feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

driverabu said:
Hey everybody, what is the general concensus about providing a general personal statement vs. anesthesia specific PS when applying to prelim and transitional programs? I was just thinking of assigning my anesthesia PS to all prelim and trans. I appreciate any feedback.

Thats what I was advised to do, and that was what I did, and it was absolutely fine. Prelim and transitional programs know that you are passing through en route to an advanced (PGY2) program. They'll just want to get a sense of you and where you're headed. Your anesthesia statement will serve that purpose. If, however, you are particularly interested in a prelim/transitional program for specific reasons, then it may be worthwhile to create a statement specific to that program.

Thank you very much for your help

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to see if there was any other opinions on this subject.

driverabu said:

I was told to use the same PS as well for both and that's what I'm doing. The thought of writing another one makes me want to cry anyway...I hate PSs

I have the same question for PS. Any need to revise anes PS?

This is great news...

I was dreading the possibility of adding on to my personal statement. They are really painful to write. Hehe

Peace,
John