prelim/transitional programs for derm in NYC area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cem289

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Any recs for easy but not malignant prelim/transitional programs in the NYC area? A similar question was posted a few years ago but programs may have changed.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

In truth, there are no truly easy prelim or transitional years in NYC itself. I have a friend who did her transitional year at MSK, which is probably better than most internships in NYC. It was still fairly rough though.

If you're at all willing to live two hours from Manhattan, check out some of the Philly transitional years - Albert Einstein and Crozer Chester are legendary. Plus Philly is awesome. Or at least back in the day when interns used to take overnight call. One of my friends went to med school in Manhattan, did a transitional year in Philly, and moved back to New York for anesthesia residency and said it was a really good decision.

Thanks for the reply. I am planning on applying to MSK. Unfortunately I am tied to the NYC area so I am looking for a program in the city. Anyone have an opinion on Mount Sinai?