Preliminary Background Check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDterminator

Reaction score
Cut and dry, can I send my Certiphi self-preliminary background check to the schools that have accepted me?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Cut and dry, can I send my Certiphi self-preliminary background check to the schools that have accepted me?

Thanks!
You paid for Certiphi to do the report, and the school will get the copy as well. The reason why you get a copy is to be sure you don't get any surprises.

Most people will have a clean report, so tell us more if you didn't... and stay clean through orientation (and beyond).

Members don't see this ad :)
What is you rationale for doing this?
I performed a self-background check out of curiosity at the beginning of this month. I would like to know if I need to undergo another background check or if I can just send the initial one that I conducted earlier this month.

You paid for Certiphi to do the report, and the school will get the copy as well. The reason why you get a copy is to be sure you don't get any surprises.

Most people will have a clean report, so tell us more if you didn't... and stay clean through orientation (and beyond).
No the self check I did was unremarkable. Just curious if it could be released to medical schools, since the amcas explanation was a bit confusing.

Reactions: 1 user

Once you have provided consent via email, Certiphi Screening, Inc. will procure a national background check on you. Once the report is complete, you will be able to review the report prior to its distribution to your designated medical schools.
  • You will have ten (10) calendar days from the date you receive your background check report to review it before it is made available to your designated, participating medical schools. If you do not review this report, the report will be distributed after this period elapses.
  • You will be provided with an opportunity to contest the contents of the report within the specified ten (10) calendar day period.
  • Review the criminal history searches that will be conducted during the background check process.
Once you have reviewed and released this report, or after the specified ten (10) calendar day period has elapsed, the report procured on you will be made available to the participating medical school(s) who offered an acceptance and initiated the request for this report.

TL;DR you don't have to do anything, it will all be handled automatically.

Reactions: 2 users