Preliminary score report

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacystudent11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I just took my pcat today and I received a preliminary score report and I wanted to know how well I did. Would someone mind explaining it to me? I need atleast a 60% composite score to get into the pharmacy school I want to go to. Thanks in advance!

ss: 392 396 392 413 408 400
pr: 33 35 36 72 61 45

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I just took my pcat today and I received a preliminary score report and I wanted to know how well I did. Would someone mind explaining it to me? I need atleast a 60% composite score to get into the pharmacy school I want to go to. Thanks in advance!

ss: 392 396 392 413 408 400
pr: 33 35 36 72 61 45
So your composite is a 45%

The preliminary score is your score with out the writing it's not considered official but it is usually your same score as when your official comes out. Could be + or - 1-2%

But if the minimum is a 60% you did not meet it and must retake it. Even if you get a 60% you need to be competitive not just meet the minimum. So you need to shoot for 75+ at least.

If my GPA is around a 3.4 and A&M requires atleast a 40% composite score do you think i would be able to get in for early decision? Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
If my GPA is around a 3.4 and A&M requires atleast a 40% composite score do you think i would be able to get in for early decision? Thanks again!
What school is a&m? FAMU? Tamu?

But my opinion is no. You won't get accepted. You barely made the minimum and there will be plenty other applicants who did not only better on the PCAT but have a higher gpa. Especially for early decision

Reactions: 2 users
You won't know unless you apply but scoring below average and getting 3 30s definitely won't help you.

Reactions: 1 users
What school is a&m? FAMU? Tamu?

But my opinion is no. You won't get accepted. You barely made the minimum and there will be plenty other applicants who did not only better on the PCAT but have a higher gpa. Especially for early decision

Exactly this.

How does someone not know how to interpret the prelims?

Reactions: 2 users
How does someone not know how to interpret the prelims?

agreed... so simple as in self-explantory....

lol that is what I have been saying... but they might give you the "condescension" hat for you to wear.... lol :)

Reactions: 1 user
So your composite is a 45%

The preliminary score is your score with out the writing it's not considered official but it is usually your same score as when your official comes out. Could be + or - 1-2%

But if the minimum is a 60% you did not meet it and must retake it. Even if you get a 60% you need to be competitive not just meet the minimum. So you need to shoot for 75+ at least.
my prelimiinary score report follows:
Verbal: 403/52
Bio: 430/89
Reading comprehension: 377/15
Quantitative ability: 430/91
Chemistry: 449/97
Composite: 418/82

Do I have a chance to get in a pharmacy school ? My RC is really low. Greatly appreciate for your reply

Do I have a chance to get in a pharmacy school ? My RC is really low. Greatly appreciate for your reply

Despite the RC, your composite of 82 is excellent. You def got chance for even good to top schools.

The reality is as more schools are opening, the odds are in favors of students. But you should do more research to learn about the state of pharmacy and future before committing to this field. Things are not looking good the way it is going for students imho.

You do. But check to see if the have a minimum for each section because a 15 is quite low.

Despite the RC, your composite of 82 is excellent. You def got chance for even good to top schools.

The reality is as more schools are opening, the odds are in favors of students. But you should do more research to learn about the state of pharmacy and future before committing to this field. Things are not looking good the way it is going for students imho.
so what you meant is the pharmacy field is not as good as before. Its saturated now, isnt it ?

so what you meant is the pharmacy field is not as good as before. Its saturated now, isnt it ?

It is already saturated. At the rate schools opening/expanding now with no end in sight, things will get worse for everyone in the future.

Do some serious research, get all the facts and numbers, do the math, and decide for yourself. Do not take just my words or anyone's (esp those from pharmacy schools ;) )