premed-committee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coolio30

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question about the pre committee letter. I go to a shcool who has such a committe and they will write my composite letter from the 8 reccomendations I gave them. Do you feel it is a good idea that I ask the lady to supplement the composite letter with the three best letters. My employer and volunteer director said they wrote strong ones and I want to make sure they get to see everything, which might not be included. Any suggestions??

Members don't see this ad.

Abso-friggin-lutely. If they say no, have the recommenders send them directly to the school (you provide the letters/stamps). If you got something to help, you use it. --Trek

I think that my undergrad school automatically sent the composite rec letter and the individual ones. The thing is that med admission committees tend to only read the composite. Perhaps you can ask your premed committee members to add a line or two in the composite letter suggesting the adcom read rec letter A,B and C. Better yet, ask your premed committee to include the best quotes from the special letters of rec in the composite letter. Med adcoms have such a limited amount of time to read each applicants file, it is important to have the best points of the rec letters in the composite letter.