Premed father?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PumpBoy

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have a serious issue right now. A few weeks ago, I went off to a high school party with the boys( I'm a junior). I started hitting it off with a senior and we spent the night together. However, she just notified me she tested positive on a pregnancy test. I'm very stressed right now since I might be a father at 17. I'm currently doing premed courses at my local two year college and don't know how being a father might affect my dreams of becoming a doctor. Should I ask her if she was with other guys? We were only together once and I was protected. This makes me doubt I'm the father. Can anyone offer me advice? I'm already really stressed with my school work and a baby will add to the things I have to do. If the baby is mine, I will obviously take care of it. My parents are very disappointed in me due to this but they'll support me and the baby. I couldn't even sleep the last two days due to this. Any help?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Get a paternity test. Know your rights and your responsibilites. Do not marry her in advance of the birth ... even if you are not the baby daddy you'll be legally responsible for the child if you are the husband of the baby's mother.

I know a former medical school dean, now deceased, who was a papa at ~20. It might make college and med school more challenging but it won't make it impossible.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you religious?

Another friendly reminder to keep it wrapped, fellas

Reactions: 4 users
I will be closing this thread due to trolling.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.